46mm Black Mist Filter 1/8 Special Effects Filter Ultra-Clear Multi-layer Coated With Waterproof Scratch-Resistant and Anti-Reflection Nano-X Series
- Free Shipping. 30 Day No Reason Return. K&F black mist filters feature Extraordinary Performance on Filter Coating, Premium Material Optical Glass, Ultra Slim & Sturdy Frame.
- SKU: KF01.1627
- 35.99 https://www.kentfaith.com/KF01.1627_46mm-black-mist-filter-1-8-special-effects-filter-cinebloom-black-diffusion-effect-filter-for-camera-lens-nano-x-series
- * 【Function 】The K&F Concept 1/8 black diffuison filter makes the picture or video light be soft and controls highlight flares, making skin or pores more delicate, double side polishing technology ensuring high definition within 550mm focal length..Photography Gear for Valentine's Day Shoot
- * 【Import AGC Optical Glass】Black diffuison1/8 filter Made by Japanese AGC high precision optical glass, multi-layer coating for extra transparency to 87% transmittance, effectively reduce reflection came from filter itself.
- * 【28 Multi-Layer Coatings】The K&F black diffusion 1/8 filter with double side coatings, hydrophobic, scratch resistant and oil-proof , no affect for images quality , eaily for cleaning and carrying.
- * 【No Vignetting 】This black diffusion1/8 filter ultra slim frame only 3.3 mm avoids vignetting and dark corner on wide-angle and telephoto lens, CNC-Non slip design frame easily for intall adn remove.
- * 【Note】This black soft 1/8 filter is compatible with all 46mm lenses. Please verify your camera's lens thread size before ordering. Your camera's lens thread size will be marked somewhere on the lens barrel or printed underneath your lens cap. This number is always preceded by a "ø" (diameter) symbol.
Unsure your lens size ? check here
• The surface high-tech coating is waterproof, scratch-resistant and oil-proof.
• Optical glass double-side polishing technology ensures HD image quality.
• Soften wrinkles, blemishes, and pores while maintaining skin tone values.
• Creates a soft quality of light and pastel effect, delicate and hazy cinematic effect.
• Uses the K&F Concept Multi-layer Coating process to protect the filter effect between two pieces of glass, doesn't affect image quality.
|Rating||98 reviews.||98 reviews.|
|Nano-X series||Nano-X series|
|Video Shooting/Potrait Photography||Video Shooting/Potrait Photography|
|Soft highlight||Soft highlight|
|Japanese AGC Glass||Japanese AGC Glass|
|28 layers||28 layers|
- All Reviews
- All Star
Sort by: Most Recent
- Most Recent
- Top Rating
One of the results you get with a filter of this type is blooming of the highlights. This filter does quite a good job of that. Comparing the bloom to the Tiffen line I would say it falls between Tiffen's 1/2 and 1/4 strength with it being closer to the 1/4. The highlight fall of was strong but natural in my opinion. Keep in mind the light in the image fills the frame so you are seeing this particular effect of this filter at it's most extreme. You won't see that much blooming in a more natural setting. Take a look at the highlights on the camera. To me the K&F filter had a great effect on the highlight roll off which was very smooth.
The other effect you get with a black mist filter is the slightly reduced contrast and the slight softening of the shadows. To me I thought this filter did this quite well. If you look at the texture on the handle of the camera in the image you can see how it's just sort of softened that texture. Imagine shooting a person and you can imagine how much you would be able to smooth out the skin.
It also comes in a nice little screw together plastic case. Inside the case are these little rubber stopper than prevent the filter from sliding around in the case. I love the attention to detail here.
So compared to the Tiffen version of this lens at the size I got which was 82mm the K&F Black Mist is about $40 cheaper. I think you are getting a lot of value for your money here. I can't wait to try out this filter on some upcoming shoots.
I think K&F is making a move into higher end filters and if this filter is an example of the kind of quality they can produce, I can't wait to see what filter they release next.
It is a filter designed for videos and to give a "vintage" touch to the final result.
In short: beautiful result even for photography. It is a useful filter for portraits or for landscape or storytelling reportage. You do not lose sharpness and you get a much less "shot" light that also expands in the shaded area.
It is a filter to be used in photography with large apertures and which "tells" an atmosphere.
But let's start from the beginning.
Packaging / handling: In addition to the plastic box, the filter is inserted in a very resistant and protective snap-on case. The filter is screw-type (rightly because it was created for videomakers and in any case up to a diameter of 82). I would have preferred a cardboard box. But the case that you can see in the photo (the round one) is very useful and sturdy. The filter is resistant and fits well to all the lenses to which I have mounted it.
It has no dominant details, so it leaves the colors similar to the photo taken without a filter. Great!
It does not lose light, there is no need to increase the ISO when it is mounted. Great!
The sharpness in the details (and here comes the beauty) remains almost unchanged. You DO NOT lose sharpness in the areas in focus even if I would not use it in ultra-defined landscape photography, but for a storytelling, outdoor or portrait set absolutely yes.
Autofocus is unaffected by the filter, at least not on the Nikon D750 with fixed lenses.
Usage / Effect: it is a filter that gives a “glow” effect to photos, very particular especially for videos and for portraits in harsh light or backlight.
The highlights are dimmed but without becoming dull, moreover the light "enters" the shadows, giving a very soft "glow" effect. Great for portraits or to give a more dreamy atmosphere, it removes clarity from the image in high contrast areas.
In the photos you can see a couple of unfiltered / filtered comparisons, two portrait photos set and what comes to you.
Result in short: it is a filter that you do not think can enter your kit, but when it does it has such a particular result that you would try it in any situation. A must try!
Autofocus works perfectly with the Sony A7 Mark 2 and the Kito lens.
What I find absolutely awesome is the "packaging" or where the filter is stored. Nothing wobbles here! This is rock solid and can even be used for other filter sizes.
Oh: Despite the filter, the lens hood and the protective cap for the lens fit without any problems.
Processing as always top! no plastic ;-)
I can't post images of content i was paid for due to contractual reasons, but this is definitely a professional grade filter.
I noticed no image resolution degradation, no white balance issues, no vignetting or distortion when the filter was on.
It arrived on a rather large protecting case that i discarded right away and it was unwieldy, hard and larger than it needed to be, but i own a K&F filter pouch (shown on pictures, not included with the filter) that i use.
Despite not liking the carrying case, this is a GREAT Black Mist filter, it feels premium on your hands, mounting was smooth, it feels sturdy and while i did NOT test scratch resistance i trust K&F Concept products.
Great value for a premium filter, i would recommend it to anyone who is in the market for one.
I’ve been getting into landscape photography and wanted an Nd filter but ordered this by mistake, after having a play and wanting to eventually push into portrait I decided to give it a try.
The results are surprising good, it adds a nice glow to bright light sources that give the images some warmth.
The filter is presented in a lovely case with rubber wedges inside that hold the filter in place so it doesn’t slip around.
I can see me using this for product photography and portraits and so far have really enjoyed it
- nice glow
- gives images a warmer feel
- excellent storage case
- none ( although keep in mind you may need to adjust exposure times slightly due to very minimal tint )
There are no faqs for this product.
|Recommended Scenes||Video Shooting/Potrait Photography|
|Filter Material||Japanese AGC Glass|